25 June 2009

Door #3

I found a new place to live.

Thinking toward the perimeter--if not exactly "outside" the box, I placed an ad on Craigslist:

$600 Let's Live Together

The ideal situation would be: unfurnished (I have a bed and a piano), washer/dryer on site, walking distance to public transportation, porch or other outdoor space available, 1-2 other house members, CS friendly, no cats. I am 50+ yo female, 420-friendly, musician (piano/guitar) and music teacher, neat&organized. I belong to Couch Surf Network and occasionally host people from around the world. I am looking for a house/apartment share to save money and expand my social circle. Other people describe me as sane, poised, intelligent, spontaneous, creative (on the positive side) and blunt/direct, serious, unconventional and intense (on the negative side). Not really picky about which part of town since I love New Orleans but I don't have a car so I need to live near public transportation. I live alone Uptown at present and I am VERY READY to move. Do you have a place to share? Do you want to find a place with me?
The first couple of responses weren't even worth considering since they involved either cats (didn't I say "no cats" in the ad?) or too many people or a houseful of college students.

The chosen arrangement is with two guys and a dog. The lease is month-to-month so if it doesn't work out --but I sure hope it does because moving is a strenuous bore --I'm not trapped legally.

I am counting the days until I can sleep in air-conditioned comfort.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What did you think?