03 June 2014

The Golden Rush

Shortly after I reached Holly Springs, a kind and generous friend, recognizing the the sanity-shattering possibilities were I to attempt residence here without access to a personal vehicle, sold me her car. The agreement was that I would take immediate possession of the car and 12 months from that date payments in the amount of 10% of my monthly earnings would begin.


Last night I made the final payment on the car.

Today, I deposited my earnings from last weekend's playshop in Panama City, FL into my checking account. The balance is a couple dollars over $2000. This is only the second time in my life that I've had $1000 in the bank AND owned a car. This is the first time in my life I've had $2000 in the bank.

It's a remarkable state of affairs. The freedom and exhilaration I feel revolve exclusively around the shining dream of making my way to Brazil.