02 March 2015

The Long Way Round

Good Morning and thank you for calling Merchants and Farmers Bank in Holly Springs. This is K_______. How may I direct your call?

                    Good morning. I'm making a trip and I need Brazilian currency.

Yes, Ma'am.  You need what?

                           Brazilian currency. I'd like to exchange dollars for reais.

Oh, OK....  Can I get your name?

                      Alex Mercedes.

Do you have an account with us?

                        Yes.

Can I get your phone number?

                            274-3018.

OK. The lady that handles that is out and I'll have her call you back.

                             OK.


%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

Five minutes later.

This is L______ at Merchants and Farmers Bank of Holly Springs returning your call. How can I help you?

                  Yes.  I need Brazilian currency.

What is it?

                   Brazilian currency. I'm on my way to Brazil and I'd like to exchange some currency before I go.

Well, I know we don't keep any of that in the bank but we might be able to get some.

                        OK....so....  Do I call you back or....?

Uh, no Ma'am. We don't have it in the bank but we might be able to get some. I'll have to check and see.

                    OK....

[seconds of silence]

                   Are you checking now?

Uh, no Ma'am. I'll have to call you back.  May I have your number?

                      You have my number.  You called me.

Oh.  (giggle) That's right. OK.  I'll call you back.

%%%%%%%%%%%%%


.........Five minutes later.

This is L______ at Merchants and Farmers Bank of Holly Springs calling you back about the Brazilian currency?

                Yes.  What did you find out?

We're not able to order any Brazilian money.

               OK.  Thanks for checking.