31 December 2012

Dream of the Beach

Last night I dreamed I was in a small coastal town. There were no street signs because people believed you were always exactly where you need to be. No one locked their doors. I wandered into a little house with lots of windows. A beautiful, friendly young woman lived there. I liked her, she made me laugh and I was also sexually attracted to her. She noticed a change in the daylight and said "It's time" and cheerily left by the front door. I followed her to the beach, wondering if my wallet was safe in her unlocked house. There were lots of people on the beach, singing and dancing. I could not locate the source of what was definitely live music. I don't remember what he looked like now but I found a man in the crowd who'd been looking for me all his life. We recognized each other and spent most of the first hour together laughing at all we'd been through before this moment.