Tense drive. Difficult journey.
I logged into FB after returning home and found the image above on my Wall. .I started thinking about journey generically and as metaphor.
I had passed on having dinner with Carlton and his family, preferring to spend the balance of the day alone; but halfway home, teeth clenched and gripping the wheel tightly, I had the sense that the journey would have been easier with someone along for the ride.
Some journeys are more dificult than others; though every journey is risky business since arrival is never guaranteed. You will end up somewhere -- but it might not be where you set out to go.
My mind is full now of journey-related ideas:
- How does journeying relate to sojourning?
- Some journeys are definitely easier to make alone and some can only be made alone.
- Journeys happen between departure and arrival, in the space from "here" to "there"
- Sometimes we have a plan, we know where we're going, there's some place we are headed. Sometimes we are forced to go, propelled by strong belief...or circumstance; called by passion ....or lured.
- Music as journey and the journey of the musician
- The view at the start of a journey...and the view of the same journey at the end