16 February 2009

Seven



I have to return this book to the library today. It's 4 days overdue. The Seven Spiritual Laws of Success (Deepak Chopra). I quickly transcribed the Laws this morning (I have more than a casual interest in Chopra's philosophy. I just got distracted by other things and let the book go overdue) and discovered--interesting surprise--most of the laws are standard features of my life philosophy.

The question arises: so am I successful and just don't know it? or is the devil in the detail (is that the saying?), i.e., which part am I doing wrong?






Looking over the transcription I see some of what's missing:

  • daily meditation
  • daily communing with nature
  • carrying a written list of my deepest desires with me at all times
  • refraining from discussing my deepest desires with other people
  • silently wishing everyone happiness, joy and laughter
  • starting each day asking "How can I serve?" and "How can I help?"
  • Centering myself regularly in the space between my thoughts.






OK, (do your friends call you) Deep? I'll start with centering myself in the space between my thoughts. Let's try that for a few days....

No comments:

Post a Comment

What did you think?